Crossing into Oxbridge
Find out more about how our aspirational Sixth Formers have been AIMing At The Top by accessing opportunities at some of the world’s top universities.
- Cambridge Summer School
- Cambridge University Shadowing Scheme
- Oxford UNIQ Programme
Cambridge Summer School
Ambitious students from around the world come together to for a fortnight of stimulating, inspiring study. Participants will have the opportunity to explore their chosen subjects in greater depth than ever before, with teaching from experienced and passionate lecturers, whilst living and studying in the environment of one of the best universities in the world.
- Live, study and dine in colleges of the University of Cambridge, experiencing life as a Cambridge undergraduate
- Benefit from 20hrs of tuition per week
- Make new friends from all over the world, with over 130 nations represented
- Enjoy inspirational cultural activities and excursions to the UK's most historic sites
- Take part in talks delivered by world-renowned guest speakers
- Debate with leaders and thinkers at the cutting edge of their fields, including politicians, scientists, business people and more
Cambridge University Shadowing Scheme
The Shadowing Scheme brings UK students from state schools without a tradition of sending students to Oxbridge to Cambridge for three days.
The idea is to give those who have little or no experience of university a taste of student life at Cambridge, in real time, with real people. Applications are especially welcomed from those who would be the first in their immediate family to attend university.
Prospective students come to Cambridge and spend time with a current undergraduate who is studying a subject that they are interested in. Accommodation and meals are provided free of charge and travel can be reimbursed on a needs basis.
Oxford UNIQ Programme
UNIQ began in 2010 as a summer school with the aim of raising the aspirations of students studying at UK state schools and colleges regarding their Higher Education choices.
From 2018 UNIQ, through its range of summer schools, residential conference and digital learning platform, will help over 1,900 students each year to make informed decisions about higher education and make competitive applications to Oxford.