We firmly believe that partnerships with other organisations enrich and improve the learning of our students. To this end we have very strong links with other schools offering and benefitting from support with teaching and learning, curriculum design, staff and leadership development. Some examples of these partnerships include:
- Secondary Headteachers’ Forum
- Partnership with Ian Mikardo School
- Satellite partnership with Phoenix School
- Y6 masterclasses in English, Maths and Science offered to some local primary schools
- Sixth Form East Collaborative with three other sixth form providers
- City Excellence in Teaching and School Direct teacher training
- ‘Fetch me a Pen’ academic literacy action researchAdditionally, we work in close partnership with local organisations such as Bow Arts Trust, the Education Business Partnership and the Tower Hamlets Youth Sports Foundation, national groups such as Speakers for Schools, PIXL, SSAT and Sustrans as well as our key business partners, Rothschild & Co and Bank of America Merrill Lynch to enrich and enhance our students learning experiences. We also work closely with Local Education Authority and draw widely on their expertise and guidance on a range of diverse issues which include accountability, school improvement, safeguarding of young people, teaching and learning and curriculum design. Perhaps the most crucial of all the partnerships we have is the one with have with the parents of our students. We know that actively involved parents have a clear and motivational impact of the outcomes achieved by students and so we seek to ensure that they are fully informed and therefore able to best support their child. Our parents also help to shape our policy and have a voice within the school. They have a number of representatives on the school’s governing body, there is an active parents’ forum and we run a series of open discussion coffee mornings which all parents are invited to attend.