International Women’s Day At Bow
International Women's Day on 8th March saw the whole school community experience a range of exciting activities for our fourth Drop Day.
- -Year 7 explored the role of women in a Philosophy for Children session, as well as working with our visitor from Water Aid to learn about the issues facing women in developing countries.
- -The girls in Year 7 and 8 came together for an innovative range of careers activities, with a number of female speakers sharing their experience of the work place, while the boys learnt about female Scientists and Mathematicians.
- -The Year 8 and 9 students collaborated for a multi-media project supported by Violence Against Women and Girls. The Drama, Art, DT and Music departments developed a workshop which gave students the opportunity to explore these issues in a creative environment.
- -Our Year 9 students also considered issues of equality and healthy relationships through workshops delivered by two outside agencies. In addition, Year 9 were able to develop their financial literacy by taking part in Barclays Life Skills sessions - who regularly work with Bow School.
- -Year 10 developed their independent learning skills by taking part in a whole day of active citizenship around the issue of Homelessness, supported by London Ambassadors and the Humanities department.
- -Year 11 enjoyed a range of workshops exploring PSHE issues.
Drop Days continue to be popular and rewarding, embodying the Bow Way values. This was another inspiring and thought-provoking day for everyone involved.
Embracing Diversity – The Bow Way