Visit to Oxbridge
Nine Year 11 Ancient History students enjoyed an extremely informative and insightful visit to Cambridge this term
- An inspriational speech co-presented by Oxford and Cambridge Classics Faculties on how to apply, how the courses run, what's on offer and why study Classics.
- A private tour for Bow students of Queen's college by 3 undergrads. We saw the whole college including the library and chapel and were treated to some organ music by the college organ scholar.
- Opportunity to question Cambridge students about going there.
- A taste of shorter talks in the Classics Faculty.
- Heffer's book shop and exploring the market area in the city centre.
As always, our Bow students were a credit to the school and they all came away with new knowledge and insights from the guest speaker talks, which brought to life the option of studying Ancient History or Classics at University and going to an Oxbridge University. We would like to extend our thanks to Dan Gillman for organising the fantastic day out.