A Valued Career
What can you expect from us?
We have worked exceptionally hard to ensure that choosing a career at Bow is a rewarding experience for everyone and pride ourselves on an exceptional staff experience, within a positive working culture.
State of the art facilities and a bank of resources
- Relationships between staff are based on mutual respect and developmental feedback
- Supportive and successful leadership with a strong and clear strategy for the future
- Staff are empowered to take control of their roles with clear guidance
- A supportive open-door policy
- A highly skilled, like minded and approachable network of colleagues
- Positive engagement with networks, professionals and families.
Going the extra mile
We are offering a chance to work with ambitious and vibrant young learners, but we understand that job satisfaction goes beyond this.
Our staff package is designed with you in mind. We have carefully curated a number of benefits, designed to enhance and support the working lives of staff. These include, but are not limited to:
Commitment to staff wellbeing: a dedicated wellbeing week, occupational health and counselling services, employee assistance programme and use of onsite fitness suite
- Family friendly policies including flexible working, shared parental leave, parental leave, extended break and career break
- A diverse staff community with prayer facilities
- Generous PPA time and all teachers are provided with their own classroom and adaptive learning spaces
- Regular staff social events are organised during the academic year
- Long service awards, recognising, celebrating and rewarding the contributions of our long-standing members of staff
- Free tea and coffee throughout the day
- Free parking, secure bike storage and annual train season ticket loans and we endorse the cycle-to-work scheme and annual season ticket loans
- Support with renting/buying property through access to the Key Worker Living Programme, only available to specific keyworkers in London and the South East and East of England
- Inner London salary weighting with prospects of performance bonuses and generous pension scheme
- Allowances for additional responsibilities and TLR payments
- Give as you earn (tax relief on charitable donations)
- Opportunity to opt in to technology scheme
- Costco membership
- Participation in the Tower Hamlets Rewards discount scheme – offering discounts off a range of outlets and retail shops
- Access to the Tower Hamlets Family Information Service (FIS), which provides free, impartial information and advice on childcare.
In the heart of the East End
One of the UK’s most culturally vibrant and diverse areas, there are many ways in which working in Tower Hamlets can enhance your professional and personal life.
Here are some of the reasons Tower Hamlets is a vibrant and great place to work:
Located just 19 minutes from the City of London, we are well connected through excellent transport links with the Underground moments away, international rail terminal in Stratford and London Overground within easy reach, and you can even fly away to Europe for a long weekend away via London City Airport
- Tower Hamlets is undergoing a period of regeneration and development, with new, affordable housing and retail facilities taking place in the Sugar House Island Development
- A number of famous attractions a stone through away, including the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Columbia Road Flower Market and Billingsgate Fish Market
- The borough has won praise and recognition for its parks and open spaces, including Mile End Park and Victoria Park
- Excellent entertainment: closely situated to Canary Wharf and Westfield Stratford for a bustling shopping experience, restaurants and bars. Nearby are the O2 Arena, the eclectic Shoreditch and Brick Lane, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and much more
- A wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities on your doorstep to benefit you in your free time and provide exciting learning opportunities beyond the classroom.