Calm Harm is an award-winning app developed for teenage mental health charity stem4 by Dr Nihara Krause, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, using the basic principles of evidence-based therapy called Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT). Calm Harm provides tasks to help you resist or manage the urge to self-harm. You can make it private by setting a password, and personalise the app (if you wish). You will be able to track your progress and notice change.
Kooth is an online counselling service for young people aged 11-26. This service is completely free for Bexley based students. Young people are able to access fully-trained counsellors in a confidential instant-messaging environment.
This service provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
This app allows young people under the age of 24 access to free, confidential health information and advice 24/7 to help them take control of their health.
Leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges. They provide support for both parents and students on dealing with mental health problems.
Step Out is a friendly and safe space for LGBTQ young people to explore, learn, discuss and socialise. You will be able to access both 1-2-1 support with one of our team and get the opportunity to meet other young people at our regular social and support groups.
The service provides advice on:
- Coming out, relationships, cultural and religious issues, sexual health and staying safe.
020 7739 3082; email@example.com
You talk, we listen - we listen to you and help you talk through your concerns, worries and troubles. Callers who are deaf or who have hearing or speech impairments can contact us for support by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Next Generation Text (NGT) service.
Foodbanks in Tower Hamlets
Below you will find a list of local food banks in Tower Hamlets that can support you to feed your families through this difficult time.
- Bethnal Green Food Bank
- Raine's Foundation School Approach Road, London, E2 9LY; drop in's take place on Wednesdays 2-7pm. For more information email
- Bow Food Bank - Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonards Street, Bromley by Bow, London, E3 3BT (Entrance through the park on Bruce Road or St Leonards Street); Monday drop in between 8:30am - 12:30pm. For more information you can email
- Neighbours in Poplar - St Matthias Community Centre, 113 Poplar High Street, Poplar, London, E14 0AE. Open every day 10am-1pm. Walk-in service is available although you should call in advance for requests of support 020 7987 0257
- Osmani Centre - 58 Underwood Road, London, E1 5AW. Drop-in Wednesday 12-3pm. For more information you can call 020 7247 8080 or email
- Salvation Army, Kerbey Street, E14 6AJ. Drop-in Thursdays 10.30am-12.30pm. For more Information contact David on 020 7987 9405
- St Luke's Food Bank, Alpha Grove, London, E14 8LH. Drop-in Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am - 12pm. For more information you can call 07810 748 534 or email
Area Specific Foodbanks
- Christ Church, Isle of Dogs, 151 Manchester Road, Cubitt Town, London, E14 3DR. Distributing food to vulnerable individuals in the Isle of Dogs Via local volunteers. For more information call FR Tom Pyke on 020 3488 4594
- Dorset Community Association, Diss Street, London, E2 7QX (for residents of Dorset Estate and Columbia Road area). Drop - in Thursday 2-4pm. For more information call Nazrul on 07984 966 565
- Ensign Youth Club, Well close Square (off the Highway), London, E1 8HY. Collection Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am - 1pm. For residents of St Katherines area, please contact Shafee on 07949 573 730 or 020 7702 3340
- Good Shepherd Mission, 17 Three Colts Lane, Bethnal Green, E2 6JL. For individuals and families near Weavers Field in Bethnal Green/Whitechapel on Mondays 12-2pm
For more information contact Darren Prince or Emily Bennett
- Jesuit Refugee Service- Supports destitute Asylum Seekers who have had the initial claim for Asylum refused and are not entitled to any statutory support. Contact Rhiannon via email
- Limehouse Project Food Hub, Burdett Road, Unit 419 (Arch), London, E3 4AA. Saturdays choose from 11am - 2pm and deliveries from 11am - 5pm. For more information contact Momina Begum by email
- Royal Foundation St Katherine's, 2 Butcher Row, Limehouse, London, E14 8DS. Supporting a limited number of families. For more information email the food bank.
Hot Meals - Walk In or Delivery
- Whitechapel Mission 212 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1BJ - Serving Breakfast Monday - Sunday 6 -11am.
- St John on Bethnal Green, 200 Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 2PA 'Tuesday Night Bites' - Hot meals provided every Tuesday 6-7pm.
- Methodist Church Tower Hamlets, 1 Merchant Street, London, E3 4LY. Food Cycle runs a takeaway meal service every Friday 7-8pm.