Nothing is more important to us than ensuring our students can safely access a quality education. We have extremely clear guidance and procedures to make sure this is always the case.
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action taken to promote the welfare of young people and protect them from harm.
- Protecting children from abuse maltreatment
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
- Preventing harm to children's health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care.
What does Safeguarding Cover?
Safeguarding covers numerous topics, many of which are interconnected, including:
- Child Exploitation
- Domestic and Sexual violence/abuse
- Mental health and wellbeing
- County Lines
- Peer on Peer abuse
- Prevent (Preventing Violent Extremism)
- Substance Misuse
- Violence Against Women and Girls (including FGM)
The school aims to ensure that:
- Appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children’s welfare
- All staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding
- Staff are properly training in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues.
Bow School takes its safeguarding responsibilities extremely seriously. Our current policy, can be downloaded here.
All organisations that come into contact with children should have specific safeguarding policies and procedures in place. This includes voluntary and community organisations, faith groups, private sector providers, as well as schools, hospitals and sports clubs.
Safeguarding Newsletters and Parent Communication
If you are worried about a child
If you want to talk to a social worker, you can contact Tower Hamlets Children’s Services Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) at the number below. If you are concerned that by calling you may be put in a difficult position, you can make a referral anonymously
- Daytime hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) 0207 364 5006 Option 3
- Out of hours (5pm to 9am Monday to Friday and 24-hour cover at weekends)
020 7364 4079
If a child is in immediate danger, please call 999.
Secure email: Mash@towerhamlets.gov.uk