Making the transition from primary to secondary school can be daunting, but we know that the quicker students adjust to their new surroundings, the sooner they will be able to achieve their potential.
To welcome our new Year 7s, and to ensure that their transition from primary to secondary is a successful one, we have our unique transition programme that starts the moment your child is offered a place at Bow School, to ensure all pupils feel supported in their transition process and that it goes as smoothly as possible.
Here are some of the key features of our transition programme...
- Our transition programme kick starts with Friendship Afternoon, Thursday 7th March at 4.30pm, allowing every child who has been offered a place and those seeking to find out more to join us for taster activities, meet new peers and teachers and find out more about life at Bow. We warmly welcome those who have been offered a place at another secondary school, but are still seeking the perfect fit.
- Book your place here: https://forms.gle/aEHUHCLDrj1x6rc68
- School tours are available to book for those wishing to see the school again. Please see below for timings and book your place, here: https://forms.gle/aaBNHMhFb1zRNZoC6
School Day Tours
After School Tours
Monday 11th March
Tuesday 12th March
09.00am or 11.20am
Wednesday 13th March
Thursday 14th March
09.00am or 11.20am
Friday 15th March
09.00am or 11:20am
- Parents are invited to a coffee morning Wednesday 17th April 9.30-10.15am to discuss primary and secondary transition, ask any questions, and find out more about why we prioritise an effective transition. Register your interest here: https://forms.gle/J8FveNiLcGXAfaR58
- School tours are available to book.
- Our All About Me booklets will be issued out, providing families with all the information they may need and allowing us to find out more about pupils: their interests, hobbies, concerns and what they are looking forward to. Remember to bring them back on Induction Day!
- Teachers will visit primary schools to discuss specific
transition needs with primary staff and answer any questions pupils may have.
- Our Transition Evening for families on the 4th July begins at 4.30pm discusses expectations and how to prepare for September.
- Welcome back for an Induction Day, Friday 5th July including workshops, lessons and activities, to get to know every detail about Bow School.
- Look forward to receiving your Summer Challenges booklets, filled with exciting quizzes and challenges, designed to get you prepared for secondary education.
- Places are allocated on a first-come-first-serve for our highly anticipated Summer School. Filled with exciting workshops and activities, this two-week event is the perfect pit-stop before September.
- Long awaited first day! Students begin one day earlier than the rest of the school allowing them to truly settle in and families are invited in at the end of the day for a show and tell.
- As the end of the first term approaches, parents and students Year 6 teachers are invited to Bow, to meet with teachers, view students work and share in their achievements.
Personal tours can be organised, offering the opportunity for 1:1 meetings with students, the Headteacher and our Head of Year 7.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact reception.
Our Student Experience Check out our Twitter to find out more about life at Bow SchoolRead our school magazine to discover more about every day life at the schoolRead about our GCSE success storiesRead about our A Level success storiesFind out about our unique transition programmeFind out more about the admissions policy and processRead our prospectusWhat our parents sayHear what our students have to say