Youth Produced Images
Think you know’ have launched a series of short film clips to support parents and carers to offer advice on how to keep children safe from the risks associated with sharing nude and semi-nude images.
The films will help parents and carers to:
- Understand young people’s motivations for sending nude selfies.
- Respond appropriately to an incident where their child has shared a nude selfie or semi-nude image.
- Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations with their child.
- Identify risky behaviours or situations and know how and where to seek help.
- Know what to do if a child has shared an image.
The films are based on a two-year qualitative investigation overseen by the University of Edinburgh, University of Linköping (Sweden), Innocence in Danger (Germany) and the CEOP (Command of the National Crime Agency).